Batchelder & Sons Furniture FactoryFall Island
By: Celina Patterson
Established in 1841 Batchelder & Sons Furniture Factory made a range of furniture including coffins. They were located opposite the Episcopal Church on Fall Island which still stands today. In an 1865 newspaper from August 30 they were referred to as the "Batchelor, Partridge and Armin Furniture Dealers". Due to lack of spell-checking technology, the Batchelder name has a few different recorded spellings throughout different sources.
https://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn83031769/1865-08-30/ed-1/seq-4/, Courier and Freeman, Potsdam NY, August 30, 1865.